ACM India Annual Event – at Pune, 25 Jan
This year, The Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) (one of the top associations of computer science academics and professionals), will hold its annual India event on 25th January, in Pune with the help of ACM Pune, the local chapter. The event will be at the ‘O’ Hotel, Koregaon Park, Pune, from 9:30am to 5:30pm. This annual meet is attended by ACM Turing Award winners, ACM Office Bearers, ACM India members, and Researchers.
Agenda for the Event
- 0930 Welcome Alain Chesnais, John White, Anand Deshpande
- 1000 Keynote by N R Narayana Murthy, Infosys
- 1100 Tea break
- 1130 Talk by Frans Kaashoek, MIT
- 1220 Ramesh Mengawade, Opus Software
- 1300 Lunch
- 1400 Talk by Ravi Kannan, Microsoft Research
- 1450 Talk by Wendy Hall, University of Southampton
- 1540 Tea break
- 1600 Capstone talk by Narendra Jadhav, Planning Commision
- 1700 Concluding session, Vote of Thanks, Anand Deshpande, P J Narayanan
- 1730 Closing
About ACM Pune
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society for the Computer Science/IT community, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession for the past 70 years. The ACM India council was formed 2 years ago with a mandate of playing an active role in the science and profession of computing, with a special emphasis on India.
ACM Pune is the Pune chapter of ACM.
Fees and Registration
This event open for anybody to attend – the fees are Rs. 300 for ACM members and Rs. 800 for non-members. Please register here