Call for Papers: Computer Society of India’s Advances in Cloud Computing Conference – ACC 2014
The Pune Chapter of the Computer Society of India is organizing Advances in Cloud Computing (ACC 2014), an international conference targeting researchers, professionals, and industrial practitioners to share their knowledge in the rapidly growing area of Cloud Computing.
This is the 3rd edition of ACC. The first two were held in Bangalore (2012 and 2013), and it is coming to Pune for the first time this year – on 11 and 12 October, 2014.
The theme of this years conference is Internet of Things (IoT). IoT envisions a self-configuring and adaptive complex system made out of networks of sensors and smart objects whose purpose is to interconnect “all” things, including every day and industrial objects in such a way so as to make them intelligent, programmable and more capable of interacting with human beings. IoT promises to be the most disruptive technological revolution since the advent of the Internet. Projections indicate that up to 100 billion objects will be connected to the Internet by 2020. IoT covers all types of sensors, communication protocols, computational tools, techniques, devices, processors, embedded systems, data warehousing, big data, cloud computing, server farms, grid computing etc.
Call for Papers
The call for papers for ACC 2014 is open, and the last date of submission is 10th August. Topics of interest include:
- IoT architectures: things-centric, data-centric, service-centric architecture; cyber physical systems; SCADA platforms; smart grids, green technologies; enterprise cloud for IoT; future Internet for IoT.
- IoT enabling technologies: Sensors and sensor network; radio frequency identification system; mobile technologies; smart phones; smart objects; low power and energy harvesting; resource-constrained devices; real-time systems; embedded software.
- IoT services and applications: Smart automobiles, smart buildings, smart cities; platform as a service; M2M applications; Social networking; data management; mining platforms; middleware; open service platform.
- IoT system integration, management, and standards: SOA based integration of IoT; M2M connectivity challenges and potentials; data management, Data Analytics; smart Data centers; open APIs for IoT; networking standards, e.g. IEEE 802.11ah; interoperable systems; ownership, regulation.
- IoT Business model and Process changes: Supply chain management; collaborative business model; service-driven model; product as a service; resource sharing and optimization; e-commerce, C2C, C2B, B2B; user and process behavior analysis.
- IoT security and privacy concerns: Identification, authentication, and authorizing objects; secure collaboration; context-aware security; web services security; cloud security; lightweight cryptographic primitives; infrastructure protection; trust management; legal challenges and Governance issues.
- Big Data: Big Data Science, Data Computing, Data Mining, Data Analytics, Data Understanding, Data Applications, Data Privacy and Security.
For more details of the conference, the process, submission guidelines, see the ACC 2014 website