Pune based AdSparx gets Rs 3.5cr Angel Funding From @IANetwork (@manish_saarthi @sharads)
DealCurry is reporting that Pune based AdSparx, a company that allows video publishers to seamlessly and automatically insert ads into their videos at runtime has received Rs 3.5cr in angel funding from Indian Angel Network, Mumbai Angels, and GrowX Ventures
Excerpts from the announcement:
LetsVenture CEO Manish Singhal and Indian Angel Network’s Sharad Sharma acted as lead investors for the deal.
About the company:
The company was founded in 2012 by former Patni Computers employee, Kunal Lagwankar. AdSparx uses a server side technology to serve device independent, high quality, targeted, pre & mid-roll video ads for linear TV, live events and videos on demand. It counts NexGTV, Vodafone, Airtel and Sony Liv among its notable clients. The startup has done mid-roll ads for online streaming of Indian Premier League, French Open and New Zealand Cricket Series in the past.
About the product:
- AdSparx’s unique real-time targeted Ad Serving technology works for all devices, irrespective of OS or form-factor, while retaining smooth switching between video and Ad content for a seamless experience
- Linear TV, Live Events & On-demand Video
- AdSparx works with your existing content delivery set up and requires no modification. AdSparx easily integrates with Wowza, Adobe FMS and Apache servers and content delivery networks
- ‘Lowest’ time to Market: A single point of integration on your servers for all your Ad serving needs, AdSparx does not require any changes in your client apps and cuts down your time to market drastically
About the team:
The founders all seem to be people who worked in Patni, founded Novix Media in 2005, then joined Patni in 2008, and finally started AdSparx in 2012. Details:
- Lilesh Ghadi – CTO. MTech from IIT-Bombay.
- Kunal Lagwankar – CEO & Co-founder. BE from VJTI.
- Ketan Barhate – Head of Engineering. BE from VJTI, Research Assistant at IIT Bombay.
In case you find such things interesting, here is a US patent application (not yet granted) that AdSparx has filed.
Read the full article