Pune’s CSIR-URDIP Starts India’s first ever course on PatInformatics (Patent Informatics)
CSIR-URDIP, which is CSIR‘s Pune based Unit for Research and Development of Information Products. has launched India’s first ever Post Graduate Diploma Course on PatInformatics (i.e. Patent Informatics).
What is PatInformatics?
The participants will be introduced to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and the importance of patent information in research and business. The course will basically focus on Patinformatics and its applications which will enable the participants undertake technology scenario analysis, white space mapping, competitive intelligence study, new product development, patentability, infringement analysis, freedom to operate study, citation analysis, patent valuation etc. This course will thus help participants develop their skills in patent searching and analysis and use this information for research and business planning. Thus the participants, after successful completion of the course will be capable of handling all the IPR related issues independently.
Details about the course:
The course will begin from August 4, 2014. The course will be of one year duration and will be full time. The lectures will be delivered by Scientists at CSIR-URDIP having minimum ten years of experience in the area for Patinformatics. It will consist of four quarters with 12 modules of theory classes and hands-on practical sessions working on databases and analytical tools including daily assignments and projects.
Who can apply?
Basically, it is open for Engineering, Science, or Law graduates. The precise requirements are:
Minimum qualification required is a Post Graduate Degree from recognized universities. The candidate should have any one of the following:
- Masters degree with minimum of 60% marks in any of the life sciences, chemical sciences and physical sciences..
- M. Pharm. with minimum of 60% marks and GATE qualified
- B.E ( Min. 60% marks) and GATE qualified
- L.L.B with Science background ( Min. 60% marks at B.Sc. and L.L.B )
- M.Lib Sci. with graduation in science ( Min.60% at each degree)
- Application Fees: Rs 1000/ – to be paid in the SBI Power Jyoti account. 50% concession will be provided for SC/ST candidates.
- Course Fees: Rs. 50,000/- to be paid at the beginning of the course.
- Number of Seats: 30
For more details, see the PatInformatics Website