Startup Leadership Program Pune, Last date to apply: 31 July
The third Pune batch of the Startup Leadership Program (SLP) will run from September 2014 to March 2015, and they’re looking for startup founders who’re interested in joining. The last date to apply is 1st August.
SLP is a weekend course for startup founders that runs over 6 months (total of 60-hours). It is a volunteer driven program and the “training” is provided by successful entrepreneurs. SLP does not take any equity from the founder for this course – but they do charge some fees (Rs. 12000 this year) to recover their costs for running the program. This is the third batch in Pune – the first batch ran in 2012 and the class had 21 founders.
SLP Pune’s Program leaders are: Sujata Bogawat (Director – Advantage Business Consulting), Abhishek Ballabh (Co-founder, ExtraAEdge.com), Koustubh Naik (Founder, Periwinkle Technologies), Tushar Komawar (Founder, Bharat Endeavours), Vinay Nathan (CEO and Co-founder, Altizon Systems).
SLP bills itself as a selective, world-class training program for entrepreneurs who want to become top startup CEOs. Pune SLP Fellows will build a life-long network with a group of outstanding founders, and connect with a growing community of business partners, experts, advisors and investors. The program kicks off in September 2014, with 10 Saturday all day classes.
SLP was founded in Boston, USA and now runs in 21 cities in 10 different countries. In all, SLP fellows have founded 700 companies that have raised $370 million from the world’s and include startups like Ixigo, DeliveryChef, NatureBox, SideTour, Micello, Momelan, Novira, Runkeeper, Sharypic, Schooladmissions, Shareaholic, Solar Junction, Voicetap and Ubersense. 10 startups founded by our Fellows have been acquired including Savored (Groupon), TomNod (Digital Globe), Kaptur (Aha Life), Momelan (Kinetic Concepts) and Fondu (airbnb).
Here is the pitch for why you should consider joining SLP from PuneTech’s article about SLP when it was first launched in Pune in 2012.
Startup Leadership Program is a NOT FOR PROFIT entity, registered in US and INDIA. What will entrepreneurs get out of SLP?
- Avoid entrepreneurial mistakes – as you learn from your peer group (that comprises of entrepreneurs from different background) and mentors (serial entrepreneurs, VCs, bankers, etc) and experts.
- Get solutions to your growth challenges – as you get feedback from super peer group and mentors.
- Connect to VCs/Investors and raise funding. Make real-life pitches.Understand what VC looks for.
- Get an understanding of term-sheet, legal aspects and exiting ventures.
- Be part of high-profile and high impact SLP Global alumni that will help you to scale up.
- Last but not least, make friends with entrepreneurs, as all know – its lonely at the top.