Technology areas that IBM Pune Storage Team works on
Yesterday, Golbal CTO of Storage and SDE at IBM Vincent Hsu gave a tech talk. As part of that, Pankaj Bavishi, Program Director, Storage Development at IBM Pune put up a slide of the kind of technology that the IBM Storage team in Pune is working on.
I thought this was information that PuneTech readers might find interesting.
Storage areas the IBM Pune works on:
- File System Development
- Areas: Deep filesystem expertise, Cloud Tier using Active File Management
- IBM Products: GPFS, AFS
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) Development
- Areas: Object Storage, Authentication & Security, File Protocols
- IBM Products: SONAS, Storwize V7000 Unified, Spectrum Scale
- Block Storage Development:
- Areas: Protocls, Virtualization, Cloud Management & Protection
- IBM Products: Spectrum Virtualize, Cloud Storage, Subsystem Device Driver
- For example: iSCSI and FCoE implementations happened in IBM Pune
- Storage & SDS Strategy – CTO Projects
- Work with IBM Global Technical Experts (IBM Fellows and Distinguished Engineers)
IBM Initiatives in India:
- Deeper connections with Top Tier Institutes (IITs, NITs, COEP, IISc, IIITs)
- University Courses, Faculty Enablement, Joint Research
- 20+ White Papers, Extreme Blue & Internship Projects
- Paper Publications and Presentations in Top Storage Conferences and User Groups
Would you like to let PuneTech readers about what interesting technology work happens in your group in your company? Please mail us the information, and if our editors like it, we will feature it in PuneTech.
Note: Your write-up should be short, to-the-point, and written by a technical person, not a marketing person. And it should be unique or cutting edge technology – that not many other companies are working on.