The Startup Leadership Program (SLP) is a selective, training program for entrepreneurs who are or want to be startup CEOs, and be connected to a global network. SLP Fellows have founded over 300 breakthrough startups including Duron Energy, Gharpay, ixigo, Innoz, Momelan, Runkeeper, SideTour, Shareaholic, Solar Junction, Ubersense, Savored, Voicetap, and have won many awards.
The program brings together about 25 high impact entrepreneurs in every city to coach and create the next generation CEOs. The unique curriculum is co-designed by Serial Entrepreneurs, Academicians, Researchers, VCs, and Analysts. The complete list of Mentors can be seen here http://www.startupleadership.com/main_nav/mentors-2/.
The Startup Leadership Program is a NOT FOR PROFIT entity, registered in US and INDIA.
*What will entrepreneurs get? *
- Avoid entrepreneurial mistakes – as you learn from your peer group (that comprises of entrepreneurs from different background) and mentors (serial entrepreneurs, VCs, bankers, etc) and experts.
- Get solutions to your growth challenges – as you get feedback from super peer group and mentors.
- Connect to VCs/Investors and raise funding. Make real-life pitches.Understand what VC looks for.
- Get an understanding of term-sheet, legal aspects and exiting ventures.
- Be part of high-profile and high impact SLP Global alumni that will help you to scale up.
- Last but not least, make friends with entrepreneurs, as all know – its lonely at the top.
As a testimonial, from the class of Mumbai Chapter 2012-2013, 3 people
raised capital (with total to tune of USD 5 Mn!). One of them is part of
SLP Pune organizing team.
Commitments and pedagogy
- The program runs from mid-Sept to March and requires about 60 hours of time commitment on the part of entrepreneur. Usually there is a session once in every three weeks and on Saturday.
- The session comprises of brain storming, role plays, VC pitches, HBR case studies, etc.
- There are usually 2-3 mentors per session. You can expect people from Angel Community and VC firms (last year our chapter had mentors from Indian Angels, Mumbai Angels, Cannan Partners, IvyCap Ventures, Blume Ventures, Sequioa, Kanakia Ventures, Anand Rathi Group, Kae Capital, Nexus Capital, etc) and serial entrepreneurs!
- SLP is volunteer run and not for profit. The entrepreneur will need to pay fees of 6000 Rs. which cover costs of food, certification and logistics.
It is observed that the SLP Class usually hangs-out for a beer or coffee and develops strong bond.
For Pune, the sessions will be held at Venture Center, NCL Innovation Park.
For any details/doubts on SLP Pune, please contact Dhiraj Khot (firstname.lastname@example.org) +91-9850 682 789