What is a BarCamp
A BarCamp is an unconference. Basically, it is a crowd-sourced conference; which means that the date, time and theme of the conference are announced but the actual talks and speakers are not decided until the day of the conference itself. On the morning of the conference, a whiteboard is put up with the rooms and speaking slots, and anyone who feels like talking on any topic (that is in line with the theme of the conference) can add their topic and name to any of the open slots.
And then people are encouraged to go to any talk they find interesting, and use the “Law of Two Feet” – i.e. if a talk is not interesting, walk out, and go to the next talk, or start your own informal talk in the corridors.
What this really does is that you get a much more dynamic and diverse conference. The speakers and topics are not the same old ghisa-pita stuff – You discover new topics and new speakers and make new friends. You find enthusiastic and genuinely interested people – not corporate types who attend because their company requires them to attend.
More about Barcamp Pune
BarCamp is happening in Pune after a gap of about 6 years and we are expecting that this time around BarCamp Pune 8 will be more focused on early-stage web and mobile apps. However, the BarCamp is open for a variety of other topics, including healthcare, education, banking, real estate, Social Media, lifestyle, Auto, Aeroplanes, environment, Police, Anti-terrorism, Songs, Movies, Books, etc. Practically anything and everything under the sun (and even beyond) can be discussed in BarCamp.
What Should you expect?
Apart from networking and meeting people from various walks of life in different sectors, a BarCamp is probably the only place where ideas evolve during the course of the event. Nothing is planned in a BarCamp – Every participant has right to talk on the subject they love (and think that others may also like). While this format can be chaotic sometimes, it also opens doors to something you may never have known or been exposed to in an event.
And yes, BMC Software, the place where we are hosting the event have sponsored us with Free Lunch and beverages.
- Where: BMC Software, Wing 1, Tower ‘B’, Business Bay, Airport Road, Yerwada, Pune
- When: 27th Sep 2014 (Saturday) 10:00 to 5:00pm
- *Map: http://bit.ly/BarCampPune8
BMC Software office is based in a large complex and the participants of the event need to follow certain rules and regulations. Please read below carefully.
- While arriving from Yerwada, the venue is on your right and if you are coming from Airport it is on your left.
- When you reach the building, use gate #3 to go to Parking level 2.
- 2 wheelers & 4 wheelers must enter through Gate #3
- Pedestrians can enter through Gate#3 or Gate #4
- Tell the security you are going to “Barcamp at BMC software”
Keep in Mind
- Being an IT company, registration is important
- To facilitate that, online registration for the event is a MUST
- Due to security reasons, you’ll be asked to provide laptop serial number etc. at reception. Do not carry if not necessary
- If you want to talk on something and need presentation, do carry your own laptop.
- Internet connections will NOT be provided by the organizers or venue sponsor. Make your own arrangements or talk to volunteers in advance
- Event will be on 4th floor & lunch will be served on 5th floor
- Entry will not be allowed on any other floor apart from 4th & 5th
Fees and Registration
This event is free and open for anybody to attend. However Please register here: http://bcp8.explara.com/