Null.co.in, Pune’s network security community for hackers, security professionals, security enthusiasts, and in fact anyone related to IT for whom security matters (ahem: if you are in IT, and security does not matter to you, you should really not be in IT, should you?) is holding a month long contest for the best security related content. Content means anything that you can produce: article, blog post, whitepaper, advisory, disclosure, tutorial, video/audio, source code, tool, proof-of-concept. Pretty much anything that you created on your own, and relates to cyber security, and would be educational for other people to see/read/consume.
The contest runs from 15th June to 15th July, and winners get cool “????” T-shirts (there will be at least 10 winners). It’s OK to submit content that you’ve previously published elsewhere (e.g. bugtraq, or your blog), but it must be your original content. So get cracking (or is it “hacking”) and email your submission to submit _at_ null.co.in
1. The contest starts on 15th June 2009 and ends on 15th July 2009. Winners will be announced on the null mailing list on 20th July 2009.
2. The submissions can be anything related to security/hacking.
3. Submission Categories expected(but not limited to):
- – L2-L4 security/hacking.
- – Web 2.0 vulnerabilites and countermeasures.
- – .NET Malware/security.
- – Code injection (Binary/XSS/SQL/Command etc).
- – Spam mitigation and antispam evasion techniques.
- – Malware detection and antimalware evasion techniques.
- – Protocol vulnerabilities.
- – Voip.
- – Mobile networks GSM/CDMA/3G.
- – Wireless.
- – Cryptography.
- – OS/Kernel and Virtualization security/hacking.
- – Bluetooth.
- – Hardware based security/hacking.
- – Cyber Forensics.
- – Cyber Warfare.
- – Social Engineering.
4. Research work in Progress will also be accepted.
5. The submissions can be in the form of:
- – White papers.
- – Advisories/Disclosures.
- – Best Practices.
- – Video/Audio Demos.
- – Tutorials.
- – Hacks, tricks & tweaks.
- – PoCs.
- – Source code/Tools.
6. The submission should be original work of the author/submitter.
7. Your submissions* should be emailed to (submit _at_ null.co.in).
8. It is ok to submit your work already published on the net like advisories already posted on FD/Bugtraq, paper presented at a conference etc.
9. Submissions will be judged by core group members of null. Criteria for judgement:
- – More technical the submission, more chances it has for winning.
- – Innovation/Some thing new and never heard of before.
- – Age of the work. Newer work will get more preference.
10. NULL will be giving away atleast 10 T-shirts.
11. For any further queries/details please write to (dhiraj _at_ null.co.in).
*Disclaimer: By submitting your work to null you are giving null the right to publish and redistrubute it in any form.
See the contest website for more details.
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Web’s Most Dangerous Search Terms [Malware] (lifehacker.com)
- Wanna see how to use Win 7 UAC to pwn a PC? (theregister.co.uk)
- Microsoft Community Days: “Safeguarding your Applications” – 28 Feb (punetech.com)
- Adobe flaw has been used in attacks since early January (macworld.com)
- Identifying the source of corporate threats (computerworld.com)
- Android Vulnerability So Dangerous, Users Warned Not to Use Phone’s Web Browser (readwriteweb.com)
- Adobe PSIRT Process (blogs.adobe.com)