What: Introduction to ZFS and its features
When: 6pm 7th May 2009
Where: Auditorium, Building C, Pune IT Park, Bhau Patil Road, Aundh Road
Fees and Registration: This event is free for all. Please register here if you plan to attend this talk.
The engineers at Sun and members of the open source community have drawn from some of the best practices currently on the market, and contributed their own ideas and expertise to develop a new streamlined, cohesive approach to file system design. ZFS has made such an impact that other UNIX vendors and open source enthusiasts have already intimated their plans to port it to their own operating systems. With ZFS, Sun addresses the important issues of integrity and security, scalability, and difficulty of administration that often plague other UNIX file systems.
KQInfotech presents a series of talks on the ZFS. We start with introducing the audience to ZFS and its compelling feature set and progressively dive deeper into its actual implementation and internal details over the series. The first talk in the series which will be held on 7th May 2009 will cover the various features of ZFS and will demo a large number of them. The subsequent ones will dive into the internal details of ZFS and its features.
This event is free for all to attend. Please register here if you plan to attend
Previous PuneTech articles about KQ InfoTech
- Do an industry-supported “free” PG Diploma in Systems Programming
- Seminar on Xen Virtual Machine
- Introduction to Server Virtualization
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google: IBM/Sun deal could benefit Java (infoworld.com)
- Why Every City love Solaris (blogs.sun.com)
- Getting Acquainted With the ext4 File System (ostatic.com)
- Open source and Java feel first Sun cuts (theregister.co.uk)
- Report: NetApp lawsuit to throw wrench in Sun-IBM merger talks? (news.cnet.com)
- Should you use a file-system or a database (punetech.com)