There is no single comprehensive source of information for all the events in Pune that are of interest to the Technology community. The PuneTech events page only carries information about events coming up soon. IT Vidya has an Events page but that is for events all over the country, and is also not comprehensive enough. Also, both of these are more like blogs than an events calendar, and are missing many features that a calendar should have.
On the suggestion of Freeman Murray, we have started using upcoming.org as an events calendar for tech events in Pune. The Pune Tech Events Group on Upcoming will track all the tech events in Pune. This is a free, non-commercial, community driven initiative. Anybody can join the group. Anybody can add events. Anybody can subscribe to get updates.
 How to Join
Just go to the group page on upcoming, and click on “join this group”.
 How to add an Event
- Go the upcoming.org
- Click on Add an Event
- Fill out the event details. In case the venue is not yet decided, use “TBD Pune”
- Complete the procedure for adding the event. This will result in a page getting created for this event. You’ll be taken to that page.
- On the right side of this page, you’ll see links for “Send to Group” and “Add a Tag”
- Important Use the above link to add this event to the “Pune Tech Events Group”
- Important Use the above link to add the tags “tech” and “pune” (and other relevant tags) to your event
Or, simply send an email with the relevant details (date, time, place, description) to punetech and we’ll add it for you.
If you are organizing a tech event in Pune, please consider taking some time out to add the event to this calendar for the benefit of the community.
2 thoughts on “A common tech events calendar for Pune”