Q: Hover.in was born out of constant frustration that most bloggers and web publishers face regarding their content presentation and monetisation. Could you explain how hover bridges this gap?
A:? As a professional blogger, one of my main problems has been monetising (making money) from my blog without compromising on user experience. Normally, a visitor does not like to see too many ads on a blog or a website. Most of the new visitors will turn away from the blog on seeing too many ads. Hover was born to address this pain point!
Hover.in is an in-text “customised content” and “customised ad” delivery platform for websites and blogs. It enables web publishers to link and monetise keywords or phrases within their existing content.
Till date, in-text technology has been primarily used only to display contextual ads – mostly automated, without any publisher control. However, with hover.in, publishers can create and customise the content appearing within the hover bubble (hoverlet). Hover.in goes even further, allowing the publisher to change the look and feel of the hoverlet as per the theme of the website or blog.
Read the full interview.
hover.in provides web publishers and bloggers with in-text customized content display. It also provides opportunities for contextual in-text ads for increased revenues to publisher. More information about hover.in from the PuneTech wiki:
- Complete control of what appears within the hover window, via an administrative panel
- Publishers can choose between hundreds of 3rd party contextual widgets or browse applications within the hover.in community
- Improve reader engagement by displaying targeted content for particular key phrase of choice, or choose default applications
- Customize the interface, add your own content or integrate advertisements from third party ad networks
Hover.in is currently in closed alpha and will be opening up shortly to selected beta users.
- Hover-ing without intruding Go-ergo interview of founders
- hover.in – most impressive startup at proto.in 2008