Pune Open Coffee Club and The Computer Society of India, Pune are jointly organizing an internship and job fair targeting MCx, BCx, BE and MBA students. The idea is to get together the startups and other companies of Pune with the students who are looking for internships and jobs.
This event is free to everyone. Interested students should see instructions for students below. Companies who wish to present at this event and offer internships/jobs should see instructions for companies below.
This is a job fair with a difference. Here you will not meet the same old large corporations, but will meet up with Pune’s rocking startups!
What’s so great about that?
You don’t find so many startups in one place, at one time, all accessible to interact with you!
Why work with startups?
Startups are cool. Startups are where the action is. The experience that you would get in a startup in a few months, would be better than what you would get from large corporations in a few years. In startups, you get an exposure to the various moving parts of a company – coding, testing, admin, HR, marketing… you name it! More than all of this, you get to work directly with founders of the company, who will one day make it very big (like Google, Twitter?).
What do startups want from me?
Life at startups can be very exciting – but you need to be prepared to give more than 100%. Many startups work on cutting edge technologies, and there is going to be a huge learning curve for you, to be able for you to meaningfully contribute to the company. So, it requires dedication, patience and a positive attitude.
I’m game. Am I eligible? Plus, when and where is the fair?
If you are pursuing your B.E, M.C.A, M.C.M, B.C.A, M.C.S, B.C.S or M.B.A, then you are eligible. Great, right? The fair is on 19th January from 10am to 5pm. The venue is Millennium National School, 18 Hill Side, Karvenagar, Pune – 411052. The directions are at: http://myshala.com/team/contact-us/
This must be costing a bomb?!
NO! This event is totally FREE of cost. However, prior registration is mandatory (and you have to arrange for your own food!)
How do I register for the event?
Register here: http://headtracker.in/JobFairForm.html
After you register, you can follow the updates for the event on punestartups.org
What do I need to do or bring along?
Get your resume along (d-uh!). Here is the format for the event:
- It will be a full day event – 10am to 5pm.
- The event will start with a talk from successful startup(s), talking about why startups are cool, and why it is worth your while to join one.
- After that, the startups who are looking to hire will do some canvassing of why they are cool, what they are working on, which technology they use, and whom are they looking to hire etc. The time duration for this should be
around 5 minutes per startup.
- 10 chits will be given to each attending student, where (s)he has to choose the startups that they want to meet. All you have to do is put in a startup name of your choice to visit on each one.
- There will be a lunch break (not going to be provided), and then startups will occupy their positions in the classrooms, and you will visit the booths as per their preference. 3 minutes will be given to have a one-on-one interaction with members of the startup.
- The startup will collect the chit from you, and possibly, your resume. That will be a sign that the startup is interested in getting you to work for them! Startups would like to hire you from the very next day. Be aware of that!
- Done. Go back with a great feeling of having interacted with Pune’s rocking startup community!
Whom do I contact if I have any questions?
Join the POCC mailing list on email@example.com, and ask away!
As a startup, it is not easy for you to go to campuses and approach students directly. That is why, this is a great opportunity – because of the number of startups presenting at this event, it will attract a large number of students. This is your chance to meet and impress a large crowd with minimal effort.
Only startups are invited to this event, so you’re not competing with the large companies here.
What do I get?
You get to meet a bunch of enthusiastic students, who are ready to work as interns at your great company, or would love to work with you too!
Which students are we inviting?
We are inviting MCx, BCx, BE and MBA Marketing students. Especially interesting are the students who are required to do a 6-month internship as a part of their degree. They work with you full-time, in your office for 6 months.
Approximately 300 students are expected.
I’m game. When and where is the fair?
The fair is on 19th January from 10am to 5pm. The venue is Millennium National School, 18 Hill Side, Karvenagar, Pune – 411052. The directions are at: http://myshala.com/team/contact-us/
This must be costing a bomb?!
NO! This event is totally free of cost. However, prior registration is mandatory.