PuneTech is pleased to announce a Java Knowledge Contest which will give the winner a free ticket to the IndicThreads Java Conference.
The 6th Annual IndicThreads.com Conference On Java will be held on 2nd & 3rd December 2011 here in Pune. Sessions at the conference discuss topics like JavaEE 7 & the Cloud, Java EE 6 PaaS, Scala, Scalability, Concurrent Java, Gradle, JavaFX, REST Web Services, Google Protocol Buffers, Solr Search, JavaFX, Akka & more.
IndicThreads has been running a Java Conference in Pune for the last 6 years, and claims to be the oldest vendor-neutral Java conference. It is a great place to learn & discuss Java. You can check out PuneTech’s previous coverage of IndicThreads conferences to get an idea of our opinion of these conferences.
This Java Knowledge Contest will give two PuneTech readers the chance to attend this conference for free (which otherwise costs Rs. 3500 (2500 for students)). The contest is open to all, and all you need to do to enter is take one of these Java Knowledge tests:
- IndicThreads Java Knowledge Objective Questions Contest
- IndicThreads Java Knowledge Subjective Questions Contest
- Complete the challenge on or before 6pm on Monday, 28th November, 2011.
- Each of the above two challenges will have one winner who gets a free ticket. You can enter both if you so wish, but you will be allowed to win only one.
- The ticket is not transferable. If you don’t want the free ticket, let us know, and we’ll give it to the next highest scorer
- Names of judges (for the subjective questions contest), and tie-breaker rules (for the objective questions contest) will be announced soon.
For more details about the conference see: http://Java.IndicThreads.com
(Disclaimer #1: PuneTech has a policy of not promoting paid events, except under these circumstances:
- We publicize calls for speakers of conferences in Pune, especially if selected speakers get a free entry to the conference
- We publicize events where the fees are reasonably low, or if the event is exceptional.
- We publicize contests related to such events if that will result in PuneTech readers getting a chance at free tickets
- We allow addition of paid conferences to the PuneTech calendar, and will sometimes tweet about them, but they are not allowed on the PuneTech front page unless they satisfy one of the criteria above
- We are happy to publish event reports after the event, if they match up to our quality expectations.
This contest is being published on PuneTech due to reason #3.
Disclaimer #2: The contest is being run on ReliScore.com. Since the founders of ReliScore are also the people behind PuneTech, we try hard not to misuse PuneTech for publicizing ReliScore (due to the conflict of interest). However, in this particular case, since the contest benefits the community, we felt it was acceptable.)
3 thoughts on “Java Knowledge Contest to win free tickets to IndicThreads Java Conference”
We (I and DZone) have covered the details of the conference at this place: