What: Pune OpenCoffee Club meeting to discuss company formation, registrations, tax planning and other related issues as they pertain to early stage startups.
When: Saturday, 7th February, 4:30pm
Where: Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, 7th Floor, Atur Centre, Gokhale Cross Road Model Colony. Map
Registration and Fees: This event is free for all. No registration required.
There are a number of things about company formation, registrations, taxation, accounting and finanace, which are very confusing to young startups. It is not clear which experts to go to for advice, and the costs vary widely, and the expenses are quite significant for new startups. To tackle these questions and give everyone an overview of this area, the Pune OpenCoffee Club will have a session with three experts who will help us understand these issues and answer our questions.
We have invited the following people:
Jayesh Baheti is a partner at CA firm Baheti & Somani http://bandsindia.com
Prakash Shah, is a partner at a well known CA firm in Pune, started by his father.
Pawan Chandak is a practicing Company Secretary. He also handles corporate legal matters. http://chandakcs.com/proprietor.html
We will try to cover topics like:
1. Differences between sole proprietorship / partnership / pvt. ltd. and the new LLP. Which is appropriate in which circumstances. Licenses, costs, tax implications.
2. Understanding issues a young startup might face like: FBT, STPI registration, depreciation, PF, equity distribution
3. Tax planning, expenses and deduction.
Jayesh will give a presentation giving the basics of the above topics, so that everybody has an overview of the area, then we will have a discussion session where we can get our questions answered by Prakash, Pawan and Jayesh.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Media Advisory: Challenges Maintaining Cash Flow? Tax Planning Tips Can Help Ease the Crunch for Private Companies (newswire.ca)
- LLCs, Corporations, Partnerships, Sole Proprietorships and Taxes (cpajohn.com)
- The Basics of Business Structures (entrepreneurs.suite101.com)
- Shareholder Agreements in a Business Partnership (selfemployment.suite101.com)