What: CSI Pune lecture “Business in the Dark and how can we protect ourselves: Case of Online frauds” by
When: Saturday 24th April, 2010, 6pm
Where: 7th Floor, Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Atur Centre, Model Colony. Map.
Registration and Fees: Free for CSI members, Rs 100 for others. Register here
Online Frauds – Details
Online frauds have increased multiple folds in couple years. It has become big headache for all viz. Banks, Law enforcement and we as end users. To protect ourselves we need to know how these fraudsters work. This session will cover these aspects and simple steps that we need take to reduce the probability of such frauds to succeed.
- What are frauds?
- How online frauds work?
- Phishing and Trojans
- Man in the Browser Attacks
- Future of frauds
- Let’s do our bit: How can we protect?
Who should attend
Any individual who is doing on-line transactions or interested in knowing how to protect oneself from cyber crimes, Students, Users, Security / network / data base administrators, auditors and fraud examiners, chief risk officers, Those seeking career in computer forensics and cyber crime investigation., Senior, Mid Level and Operational Management and staff, Professionals, Consultants
About the Speaker – Parag Deshpande
- Parag is principal eGRC consultant with RSA Security a leading security company in the world.
- He has over 14 years of experience during which he advised financial services, manufacturing, and telecom sector clients across the Globe including India, USA, Australia and UK.
- He is Bachelor of Technology from Laxminrayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur and Masters is Business Administration from Symbiosis, Pune.
- Exposure to business processes, technology architecture and IT risk management has made him leading consultant for Secure Business Enablement
- He has handled various aspects of the services business, including consulting, delivery, practice management, presales and account management.
- Apart from professional activities he is interested and does volunteering work to create awareness about Cyber Security Risks.