What: TiE Pune Seminar on whether or not to sell your company, by Girish Godbole, CEO and Founder, CEO ally, Inc.
When: 24th Feb, 6pm
Where: Renu Electronics, Baner Road (Near Lexus Furniture)
Registration and Fees: Free for TiE Members, Rs. 250 for others, mail namita.shibad [at] gmail [dot] com to register.
To most of us, our companies are our own, forever. We never think of selling them. Why should we sell our own creations? What good can come out of it? But in the West companies are sold off on a regular basis. There must be some benefit from that? Given that we are in the midst of a challenging global recession that most of us will witness only once in our lifetime, does selling out make sense? The events that will unfold in the next few quarters will result in the widespread destruction of value – for companies, investors, management and employees, and will span industry verticals, geographies and sectors.
So would this be the right time to sell your company? How can you best position your company for a potential acquisition? Should you get a strategic investment into your company? Why is mid-market M&A still active? How can you best prepare your company for a strategic exit? The seminar will address these questions and walk you through all steps of a typical M&A deal from the point of view of a small to mid-sized technology company.
This workshop will be by Girish Godbole, Founder and CEO of CEO ally, Inc. (www.ceoally.com), a boutique M&A and business advisory firm based in the U.S. Girish brings hands-on experience as a serial entrepreneur and executive who has built, operated and sold businesses successfully.
The workshop will address the following questions in detail:
- Should you sell your company? Why? When?
- Why do buyers buy?
- How can you best position your company to sell?
- What do buyers read into financials?
- What is a fair valuation?
- How does this all work? Can you do it alone?
- How will an acquisition affect your work life?
This seminar is free for TiE members. Non members will be charged Rs250/- payable by cash or cheque at the venue. The event will be held on Tuesday, Feb 24, 2009, 6.00pm, at Renu Electronics, Survey no 2/6 Baner Road, (lane next to Lexus Furniture. It is 250 metres after Hotel Mahabaleshwar going towards Mumbai) Pune 411045. Kindly email Namita at namita.shibad[at]gmail[dot]com to confirm your attendance.
Related articles by Zemanta
- DOs and DONTs for startups from a 4-time entrepreneur – 20 Dec (punetech.com)
- Glam Media Buys Ad Targeter AdaptiveAds; Opens New Offices In Mumbai, Pune (contentsutra.com)
- Free Mentoring Workshop for Startups with Baba Kalyani, R Sriram etc. (punetech.com)
- “Recessions are the best times to found a business” – Axel Schmiegelow @ SIME08 (tiburon-tv.com)