Enhance Education (the new startup of founders Akshat Shrivastava and Arun Prabhudesai) is focusing on “tablet” computers (i.e. like iPad, but cheaper) as a primary feature of their eLearning platform that they hope will be used by colleges all over India to significantly improve the education provided to students / trainees. They are partnering with Amplify Mindware (a group of Institutions under Bharati Vidyapeeth) to help deploy this technology/service across a large number of institutions in India.
The basic idea is this:
- Enhance Education has subject matter experts who produce high quality educational content, which is put up on their website (as part of their My Open Campus).
- Educational Institutions (who would be customers of Enhance Education) sign-up for making My Open Campus content to their students.
- Students are given internet-enabled “Enhance E-Pads” which can access content from My Open Campus over the internet. The Enhance E-Pads are android based touch-screen tablet devices that are expected to cost Rs. 3000 (and are likely to get cheaper over time).
- Akshat Shrivastava – CEO of Enhance Education. CEO of outsourcing company XanaduTec, and also founder of Alabot. @broadcalling on twitter.
- Arun Prabhudesai – Head of Technology for Enhance Education. Also founder of http://trak.in, the very popular India Business Blog, and previously CEO of http://hover.in. @8ap and @trakin on twitter.
Vikas Kumar, founder of BrainVisa, is also listed as an eLearning Advisor.
The latest press release from Enhance Education is here. There’s a lot more information about Enhance Education on their blog – check it out.