Why Analytics Matter in Business Intelligence – CSI Pune Lecture – 6th March
Computer Society of India – Pune Chapter presents the 5th lecture in a series on Data warehousing. The first lecture gave an overview of BI and DW. The second lecture was about how these techniques are used by businesses. The third was about data management for business intelligence. The fourth lecture talked about technology trends in BI. This is the fifth in the series:
When: Friday March 6th, 2008, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Where: Dewang Mehta Auditorium, Persistent Systems,402, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune
Entry: Free for CSI Members & Students, Rs. 100 for others. Rs. 50 for Persistent employees. Register here.
Details – Technology trends in Business Intelligence
One of the areas which adds significant value to business is application of analytics to solving complex problems. These can be in the areas of scoring, risk management, fraud detection, forecasting and so on. The focus of this session will be to give an introduction to the role of statistical techniques in BI applications.
It is not necessary to have attended the previous lectures.
For more information about other tech events in Pune, see the PuneTech events calendar.
About the speaker – Ajit Ghanekar
Ajit is a Senior Software Specialist – Analytics at SAS Research & Development, India, and has 10 years of experience in developing various Analytical solutions in the areas like Statistical Inference, Modeling, Time Series in Banking and Pharma domains. Currently, he is engaged in SAS Credit Risk Management Solution.
Ajit has a Masters in Statistics from Pune University & PG Diploma in Banking and Finance from SIBM
Related articles by Zemanta
- Business Intelligence Technology Trends: CSI Pune Lecture – 30 Jan (punetech.com)
- Data management and data quality in business intelligence (punetech.com)
- IBM launches data management portfolio (vnunet.com)
- SaaS and BI – Perfect Bedfellows… (cloudave.com)
- Clarabridge Partners with Data Warehousing Leader Teradata Corporation (seomashup.blogspot.com)
- CSI Lecture: Applications of Business Intelligence – 16th Oct (punetech.com)