ClubHack is one of India’s foremost conferences on Security and is now in its 6th year. As usual, it will be on the first weekend of December (1st to 3rd) in Pune.
However, rather than focusing on just plain security and awareness of security, ClubHack is now changing its focus. Here is the motivation:
ClubHack when started in 2007, dreamt that people in India will wake up and start thinking information security seriously. We even decided our motto as “Making Security a Common Sense”. After 5 long years, today we witness a lot of action around the country in this field, media as well as working professionals are actually looking towards security seriously.
Waking up to an extent that today we see 5-6 similar events in India on the same line. Hence we have now decided to confer the task of rest of the awakening to them and start a new journey.
ClubHack2012 onwards, we will concentrate our energies in empowering innovation & leadership development. Having loved our domain so much, we’d continue to do this in the domain of information security only. And that coins our new motto line “Empowering Innovation & Leadership in Information Security”
With this in mind, this year’s ClubHack is looking for speakers who can emphasize entrepreneurship in this space. So, here is a partial list of suggested topics:
- Entrepreneurship in infosec product development
- Research work in infosec
- Innovation in attack vectors
- Attacks on Cloud
- Mobile computing
- Malware & Botnets
- Privacy with social networks
- Telecom Security (3G/4G, SS7, GSM/CDMA, VoIP) and Phone Phreaking
- Hardware, Embedded Systems and other Electronic Devices Hacking
- War of handhelds & BYOD
- Cyber warfare & your role
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) – COMINT, ELINT, etc
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Security aspects in SCADA and industrial environments and “obscure” networks
- & the general other infosec domains like web, network, tools & exploits etc.
Those who would like to deliver a workshop at ClubHack2012, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details.
Why become a speaker? In addition to helping the community, becoming well known and famous, meeting interesting people in this area, you also get:
- Travel reimbursement or arrangement of economy return tickets for speakers
- Accommodation for 2
- Complementary passes for event & party for 2
- Gift hampers & freebies
See the CFP link for more details of how to submit a proposal.