PuneConnect, one of Pune’s most important events for startups, is now in its 6th year. The mega event allows selected early-stage startups from Pune to showcase their products and services to the world at large, specifically to larger companies in Pune, VCs and angel investors from all over the country, and others from the ecosystem.
Register today to be a part of this show.
25 of Pune’s most promising startups have been selected from a huge pool of applicants, and they will be joining some of Pune’s established startups and companies in showcasing their products at the Westin, on 19th November from 9:00am to 5pm.
This is an ideal event to connect with the who’s who of the Pune Startup ecosystem. You will find lots of startup founders, successful senior entrepreneurs, potential recruits, angels and investors from all over, potential customers, mentors, business partners, affiliates, and investors from all parts of Pune’e startup and technology ecosystem – including SEAP, PuneTech, TiE Pune, PoCC, MCCIA, IPMA, HIA, IIMA’s CIIE, and SME Joinup.
- 09:00 am – Registration
- 09:30 am – Welcome Note by SEAP President
- 10:00 am – “Session on entrepreneurship and investing in an Idea” Mr. Kuntal Shah Partner, SageOne Investment advisors LLP
- 10:45 am – Panel Discussion on “Scaling Up” with:
- Shachin Bharadwaj, CEO, Sminq (earlier Founder of TastyKhana)
- Shridhar Shukla, MD, kPoint
- Ajit Patil, Co-founder, SmartCloud Infotech
- Monish Darda, CoFounder and CTO ICERTIS
- Moderated by Gaurav Mehra, Partner, Kaizen Private Equity
- 11:45 am – Key Note- Technology and Start- ups Dr. Gopichand Katragadda, CTO Tata Sons
- 12:30 pm – Startup Stall Visits | Networking
- 01:30 pm – Lunch Break
- 03:15 pm – Startup Shootout
- 04:15 pm – Awards Ceremony- Chief Guest of the Award Ceremony, Hon. Shri. P.P. Chaudhary, Minister of State Law and Justice & Electronic and IT (Govt. of India) and Guest of Honour of the Award Ceremony, Dr. Omkar Rai Director General STPI
In addition, an “IAN Pitch Session”, by Indian Angels Network, will run in parallel, for invited startups – from 10am to 1pm. Please get in touch with Nidhi Saraf, email@example.com if you’re interested.
PuneConnect started in 2011 and is held in late October/early November every year. In 2011 we showcased 12 startups, and had attendance of about 250. In 2012, we showcased 21 startups, and had to close delegate registrations at 600 because of space limitations. Since 2013, we have been showcasing about 30 startups out of approximately 150 applicants each year. See PuneConnect website for more information about past PuneConnects.
PuneConnect is a joint initiative of Software Exporters Association of Pune (SEAP), TiE Pune, PuneStartups.org (POCC), PuneTech, and NASSCOM, SME Joinup, CIIE Ahmedabad, and MCCIA Pune, IPMA, Hinjewadi Industries Association, and IIM Ahmedabad’s CIIE (which will soon have an Pune presence) – basically all the important players in Pune’s startup ecosystem. PuneConnect represents a one-of-its-kind activity that bridges the gap between the new companies and the established ones.
Entries to other prestigious events: Companies featured in PuneConnect have been selected to be on TV (e.g. an episode ETNow Channel’s Starting Up show), or in national-level conferences (e.g. one organized by Zinnov), where they got to demo their products to companies from all over India, or for mentorship programs (like the TiE Pune Nurture Initiative), or even got funding (e.g. AppSurfer, a company from the first PuneConnect that got Rs. 1 crore in funding on the SuperAngels show) – all as a result of being featured on PuneConnect.
Fees and Registration
This event costs Rs. 1200 if you want to be part of the lunch, Rs. 600 if you want to just attend the event, Rs. 300 for students (full day) and is free for students (half-day).
The event is from 9:00am to 5pm at the Westin, Pune.