TiE Pune, the Pune Chapter of TiE the worldwide community of entrepreneurs, has just won the “Best Turnaround” award at the TiE Annual Global Retreat in Athens Greek. They competed with 61 chapters globally, and were selected from 5 finalists.
5 years ago, when PuneTech and the Pune Open Coffee Club started, TiE Pune was dormant, and used to have one event per year (or less). In fact, it could be argued, that neither Pune Open Coffee Club nor PuneTech would have actually gotten started if TiE Pune had been active.
In any case, in the last few years, there has been a remarkable rejuvenation of TiE Pune. Here is proof – in 2012, these were the activities of TiE Pune:
- 23 My Story Sessions (where entrepreneurs like the founder of Redbus.in talked about their startup story)
- 19 Breakfast with TiE sessions – morning meetings with a discussion around a theme
- 18 half/full day workshops were conducted on various topics related to startups
- 7 Stree shakti fellowships were awarded
- 2 6-month long “Nurture” programs were conducted to nurture young entrepreneurs
To support TiE Pune in these activities, you should consider buying a TiE Pune membership.
For more information see the TiE Pune website