What: Geek Night at Thoughtworks. Three discussion – 1) IronPython 2) Writing Ruby like code in C# and 3) Distributed Version Control Systems
When: Saturday, 4th April, 2pm onwards
Where: Thoughtworks, GF-01 & MZ-01, Tower C, Panchshil Tech Park, Yerwada
Registration and Fees: This event is free for all to attend. Register here
The following 3 exhilarating talks are scheduled for this Geek Night.
1. Aroj George: “IronPython”
Aroj will take you through some cool ways you can use the power of Python in the .NET world. This talk includes a demo of embedding an IronPython engine in a .NET application to enable interactive exploration and dynamic behaviour.
2. Ravi Kumar Pasumarthy: “Why Ruby? You have C#”
Ravi’s talk is all about how to write Ruby-like code (short and less verbose) in C# without using dynamic language features. It also brings a new way of thinking about extending existing libraries to add new features. The presentation also covers topics like Extension Methods, Linq, Type inference, and Closures.
3. Shodhan Sheth and Nikhil Fernandes: “Distributed Version Control Systems”
This duo will talk about version control systems for distributed and disconnected teams. They help you think about, whether the version control system you are using is the “best tool for the job”?
Who To Contact: Pradip Hudekar at +91 9923000987
Write To: email@example.com
Related articles by Zemanta
- Improve your web based software development and maintenance ROI with dynamic programming languages (punetech.com)
- RIA Applications For Python and Ruby Developers – Made Possible With Silverlight 2 (devx.com)
- Microsoft converging programming languages (infoworld.com)
- Python gaining on Ruby | Freelancing and Outsourcing Tips, Commentary, Analysis, and News from oDesk (tsurch.com)