ACM Pune, the local chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) one of the top associations of computer science academics and professionals, is holding Compute 2012, the first edition of its annual conference, on 23 and 24 January 2012. The theme for this conference is Intelligent and Scalable Computing Systems. Prof. R. K. Shyamsunder, TIFR, Mumbai and Dr. Lokendra Shastri, Infosys Ltd are general co-chairs for COMPUTE 2012.
- Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey, Deputy Director General of Unique Identity Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Dr. Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Professor, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT-Bombay
Other speakers include Dr Aditya Abhyankar, HoD, Department of Technology, Pune University, IITB, Dr Deepak Khemani, Professor IIT Mandi, Dr Abhay Jere, Persistent Systems Ltd, and Dr Girish Palshikar, Tata Research Design and Development Centre.
These are the papers that have been selected for presentation at Compute 2012:
- Scalable Lock-Free FIFO Queues using Efficient Elimination Techniques
- A Robust Neural Network Classifier to Model the Compressive Strength of High Performance Concrete Using Feature Selection
- Mining Research Abstracts for Exploration of Research Communities
- A Generic Topology Discovery Approach for Huge Social Networks
- Multimodal Biometric System Based on Hand geometry, Palmprint and Signature
- A Review of Path Planning and Mapping Technologies for Autonomous Mobile Robot Systems
- A Knowledge-based Formalization of UBL Processes using Hybrid programs
- GPU implementation of a novel hybrid lattice Boltzmann method for non-isothermal flows
- Texture Edge Statistics for Efficient Retrieval of Biomedical Images Recognition and Classifier
- Enabling High Performance Computing using Microsoft HPC Server
- RobExT: A tool to customize microarray data for Cell Designer and Cytoscape
- FIRA – A novel method for benchmarking the cache hierarchy.
- Insertion and Querying Mechanism For A Distributed XML Database System
- Parallel Algorithm to Evaluate Contextual Features for Term Weighting
- Reconstructing the Software Environment of an Experiment with Kameleon
For selected posters, the program committee, and other details of the conference, see the conference website
Registration and Fees
The conference is open to anybody. Fees are Rs. 3500(2500) for professionals, Rs. 2500(2000) for academics, and Rs. 2000(1500) for students. (Numbers in parenthesis indicate rates for ACM Members). Register here.
The conference will be at YASHADA, on Baner Road, near University Circle.
Demo Space for Pune Startups
ACM Pune also invites technology startups in Pune to exhibit their products to the ACM audience for a fee of Rs. 5000 for one day. Selected startups will be provided with one table and a standee for the exhibition. This is a chance for a startup to reach out to a very select audience of computer science professionals from all over the country. For more details, watch for an announcement on the Pune Startups mailing list.
About ACM Pune
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is the world’s largest educational and scientific computing society for the Computer Science/IT community, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession for the past 70 years. The ACM India council was formed 2 years ago with a mandate of playing an active role in the science and profession of computing, with a special emphasis on India.
ACM Pune is the Pune chapter of ACM.