15th January 2011 is the 10th Anniversary of the launch of Wikipedia. To celebrate, the wikipedians in the city have organized three events: two events this weekend, and then the “main” event on 15th January. The events are as follows:
Marathi Wikipedia meetup
8th January, 1830 – 2000 hrs, SICSR,
Atur Centre, Model Colony. Room No 704. 7th floor
Basic idea is to discuss contributions to the Marathi Wikipedia. Mandar Kulkarni is coordinating.
Pune photothon – Pune loves Wikimedia Commons
09 Jan 2011, 9 AM at Shaniwar Wada gate.
All interested photographers meet there.
The basic idea is to take photographs which will be uploaded to Wikipedia (technically, they will be uploaded to the Wikimedia Commons.) Sudhanwa Jogalekar is coordinating.
Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Celebrations Main Event
This event will on 15 Jan, 6:30pm, in room 707, 7th Floor, SICSR, Model Colony.
The schedule is as follows:
- Presentation on Wikipedia (ten minutes)
- Short talk on Marathi Wikipedia (ten minutes).
- Short talk on 7th Ornithology Course’s contribution to Wikipedia with Uploading of the three improved articles on Indian Birds (ten minutes).
- Talk on contribution to Wikimedia Commons with symbolic upload of two photographs, one each of two TFs – Wikimedia Commons loves Pune, and
Hill-forts of Maharashtra (ten minutes).
- Talk on contribution made by TEDxPUNE’s event for college students on 15 Jan 2011 (ten minutes).
- Hallmark address by Mr Barry Newstead from Wikimedia Foundation.
- Vote of thanks.
All the above events are free for all to attend. No registration is required.