The call for speakers for the 6th Annual IndicThreads’ conference on Java is open. The conference itself is in December, but the CFP closes this week (10th September) and you should submit a proposal.
Pune’s http://IndicThreads.com has been holding Java conferences since 2006 and the feedback on their conferences has generally been good. You can check previous PuneTech coverage of IndicThreads to get an idea.
The conference itself is paid, but becoming a speaker is a good way to get into it for free.
Suggested topics are:
- Java Language Specs & Standards
- Enterprise Java
- Java For Mobile Devices
- Java for Multi-core Computing
- Optimization, Scaling, Caching and Performance Tuning
- Cloud Computing for Java
- Rich Internet Applications
- Languages for the JVM
- Enterprise Architecture
- Social Networking
- Java RIA
- New and emerging technologies
- Case Studies and Real World Experiences
For more details see the conference webpage
Note, there is also a call for speakers open for the ClubHack conference. So that gives you two avenues to showcase your work.